Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hola Cancun!


6 days until beach! I am staying in this lovely resort. and I am so excited! I thought for this occasion, I would list my top vacations I've taken in the past, not really in a particular order.








1. Grand Bahama, 2006- My mom and I took a girls vacation, and we had a blast just hanging out at the hotel pool and taking a ferry to the neighboring Port Lucaya to shop and eat at our fave restaurant there--the Irish pub!! LOL.

2. Disney World, Christmas 2002- Yes, I convinced my family to go to Disney World for the Christmas before my 18th birthday. It's amazing...our Christmas Eve plans were ruined and we were wading in water up to our ankles through pouring rain, but it was really one of the more fun Christmases I can remember. Plus it was one of the last family vacations we got to take with my sister!

3. DollyWood, 2006 (I think!)- We were actually staying outside of Pigeon Forge, but Dollywood was one of the big things we did. It was an awesome vacation--we stayed in a cabin in the woods, and there was a jacuzzi! And Mr. and Mrs. Vanderbilt were there!

4. Niagara Falls- I think I was in elementary school when we did this...but I can still remember the feeling of the mist on my face as we rode under the falls on the Maid of the Mist. Truly a breathtaking sight.

5. California, 2005- We went to San Diego and went to TWO zoos. I've always loved zoos. The wild animal park was amazing, and the San Diego zoo wasn't bad itself. Also, I had the best Mexican food I'd ever had in old town. Then a few days later we moved onto LA, went through the beach I read about in the Christy Miller series, then went to Disney Land/California theme parks (16 hours!). Then into LA where we did Rodeo Drive (lame) and went to see the Jay Leno Show live (awesome!)

6. Yellowstone, 2003/4???- Another beauty of the world. The nature was gorgeous.

7. Disney World 1993- this was when I was 8, and was the first trip I remember to Disney. Everything was so magical!

8. Carnival Cruise, 1996- My first cruise! We got to dress up for dinner, and I learned the Macarena!

9. Myrtle Beach, basically every other year in between these!

10. Virginia Beach, Spring Break '03- I went with my mom because my Spring Break trip to Scotland/England got cancelled. It was cold! But we had so much fun!

I have been so blessed with having awesome family vacations, and an awesome family, period!

No comments: