Thursday, January 8, 2009

Boredom and weird vampires.

So...lately at work, I have been utterly bored. I should have thought about writing on here. I know my beloved sister reads this, even if no one else does, and that is enough :) I have yet to figure out how I am the admin. assistant for 3 men (HS pastor, MS pastor, and Young Adults pastor) and still get bored, when I only work 20 hours a week. I think I do things too quickly, maybe. And then when they're done, I'm left with nothing to do...again.

So, I've been reading the Twilight series. Yes, reading vampire books while sitting at the front reception desk at a church. No one seems bothered. I really love the books. It took me about 2 days to read the 1st (Twilight), 1 to read the 2nd (New Moon), I don't know, maybe 2-3 to read the 3rd (Eclipse), I started the 4th (Breaking Dawn) yesterday...and I will probably finish it today. I don't know what it is that draws me to these books. As a graduate student, reading mindlessly about utter nonsense during my winter break has been really nice. However, this 4th book is a little ridiculous (SPOILER ALERT.) Half-vampire, half-human baby? Really? Well, I'll give Edward and Bella this--at least they waited until they were married to have a child. Actually, they waited until they were married to have sex. That is good news, since every teenybopper in America has been reading this.

Oh yeah...don't go see the movie. Read the books. Really.

Rant over.

Have a good day!

No comments: