Monday, April 27, 2009

Discontentment

A lot lately, I've been feeling discontent with all areas of my life. As a Christian single in a married church world, it can be so frustrating! I feel that the Lord has promised me that I will be married some day, but he's teaching me a lot about waiting in the interim. Lord, I don't want to wait anymore! So I've been sulking. I've drifted far away from him--more in the sense that I have no motivation to read the Bible, and sermons just bounce around in my head...not that I am trying to sin more, or turning my back on Him. I still pray--do you ever just feel like you're crying out in frustration instead of looking for His direction? In my time of struggle, I've looked for a blog or page that can help, so I don't feel like I am all alone out here in my 24-year-old singleness and frustration at God--but still loving him with all of my heart and deep underneath, really wanting His will for my life, because I know it's what's best. I haven't found what I was looking for, so I really want to try to be transparent, so maybe I can eventually inspire other 20-somethings who long for God's best.
Do you want to take this journey with me? It may be long, and full of complaints, but full of blessing. I know that if I try to follow him, he will bless me. Let me know you're out there, reader...as I think aloud.

No comments: