Friday, July 11, 2008

I love my small group.

I never thought the best friends I would make here would be (for the most part) divorced women.

My small group consists of mostly single women--in every decade 20's-60's. Excepting us girls in our 20's and one woman about to turn the big 4-0, the rest have been divorced. Amazingly, most of them are not bitter and have accepted it and gotten through it with God's help. It's really nice to be able to learn things about Christ from them because they have so much to share.

People really like it when you cook not out of a box.

I made Emeril's Tex-Mex Gooey Casserole (click the link for the recipe--and do it! People love it!) for my small group for dinner tonight, and it was the biggest hit! I got so many thank-yous for my COOKING (which I must say, is not particularly a forte of mine.) even from the 12 year old daughters, and a sweet little 6-year-old. It's not that I don't enjoy cooking, but because I still live with my parents, I don't cook all that often. I may have to amend that--I think it would be an act of service that my mom deserves.